Located on 180 beautiful acres in Ashtabula County, Ohio, 2 miles south of Geneva-on-the-Lake and and about 5 miles north of I-90, this campground offers 125 seasonal camping sites and 55 full hook up sites (many 80 ft. plus) added in 2014 in addition to a brand new shower house.
Each full hookup campsite features a fire-ring and a 6 person picnic table, all set in a lush green wooded setting. Lovely catch and release pond with a gazebo.
Daily, weekly and monthly rates are available here.
Overall Impression – 4/5
This was our first visit here (October 10, 2015) – much nicer, more reasonably priced and less distance from the interstate than Indian Creek which we have stayed at on a few occasions. We really liked it it here and would definitely stay again. Lovely, well maintained campground with very friendly and helpful staff. Lots of amenities (see below). Our pull thru site was very long, level and very spacious. Although we didn’t have any neighbors during our overnight stay, the space between sights was plentiful and much better than average for a private park.
In 2014 they added 55 pull-through full-hook up sites for overnight, weekly or monthly stays which is where I believe our site (A-2) was located. The more heavily wooded older sections of the park were dedicated to seasonal residents and some of those areas did not have full hook up.
Privacy – 3/5
Besides the trees, there is no foliage between sites (at least the section we were in) to provide privacy but at least the sites were surprisingly well spaced. Other areas of the campground were more heavily wooded so perhaps there was more privacy on those sites. Since the campground was closing on October 15th and we were there on the 11th, it was pretty empty.
Amenities – 4/5
Besides having full hookups, this campground offers a number of other amenities including WiFi, a new shower house (pay showers), a community room, nature trails, swimming lake and beach, stocked fishing lake, three playground areas, a basketball court, a horse shoe pit, corn hole games, a gazebo, a club house, propane, pump out and on site storage.
Convenience – 4/5
Located near to the small town of Geneva, there are grocery stores, restaurants and other services fairly near to the campground.
Physical Surroundings – 4/5
Nicely landscaped, well maintained woodsy campground enhanced by the small pond, gazebo and pleasant landscaping.
Maneuverability and Roads – 4/5
Less than five miles north of I-90 on OH-534 (exit 218), we feel it is worth the distance even for an overnight stop. OH-534 is easy enough for a big rig but there are some low hanging trees that hit our antennas and there are two railroad crossings. One of those crossings has a substantial “hump” but we had no problem bottoming out with our 296″ wheelbase (43′) rig. Inside the campground roads are gravel but are wide and well maintained so very easy to maneuver a big rig. Pull thrus are angled properly so easy to pull into/out of.
Peace & Quiet – 4/5
Very quiet during our stay which could be due to the fact that the campground was closing within a few days so it was pretty empty. No traffic noise or train noise that we noticed.
Utilities – 4/5
- Sewer – all sites have a threaded sewer pipe with spring cap well placed for Motorhomes. However, on our site and most in the A-E sections, the neck of the sewer pipe is 8-10″ above grade so we could not get a natural draining slope.
- Satellite – in the “A” row satellite access is virtually guaranteed. Will probably be fine on the B-E rows but there may be a few sites where trees are blocking.
- WiFi – Good signal outside coach, devices inside coach may need boosting. Performance in early afternoon was decent with 2mbs download and 1mbs upload, 30ms ping. Did not try in the evening.
- Cellular signal – decent Verizon 4GLTE in and out of the coach on smartphones without booster.
- Over-the-Air (OTA) TV – None, no signals received but we did not point the antenna. Closest station is 48 miles so full complement of OTA stations is not likely.
- Power – Very good voltage on 50A, clean and new looking power pole with 20/30/50A.
- Water Pressure/Quality – pressure good, slight chlorine taste, no discoloration or turbidity.
What We Liked
– Clean, well maintained
– Spacious sites
– Pleasant woodsy environment with lake
– Lots of amenities
– Friendly staff
What We Didn’t Like
– Just some of the low hanging trees on OH-534