Website: Oasis RV Resort Website
Getting There: Just seconds from I-40 (the old Route 66) at Exit 60, access is very straightforward and couldn’t be much easier. There’s even a Love’s Truck Stop on your way in or out.
Date(s) of Stay: March 31, 2017 arrival, April 3, 2017 departure
Located right off I-40 and close to the famous Cadillac Ranch on the west side of Amarillo, this resort has 188 (147 are pull thrus) paved level full service sites. Each site has a private picnic patio, 20/30/50 amp electricity and cable TV at every pedestal. Lot of other amenities including free limo service to the Big Texan Ranch Steakhouse.
We paid $102.60 Good Sam rate for 3 nights including taxes or $34.20/night all inclusive. Additional rate info can be found on the main page of their website. They offer 10% Good Sam, FMCA, AAA and TACO (Texas Association of Campground Owners) discounts. Military personnel get the 1st night free.
Overall Impression – 3.8/5
Very nice, newish looking and well maintained resort with a lot of amenities. Buildings were nicely designed and appeared new, facilities were immaculate. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Sites are a combo of a cement pad and asphalt. Spacing between sites is better than average for a commercial park, but with only young vegetation between sites there is not much in the way of privacy. Since we were there during the winter months, only having a few trees wasn’t an issue for us but it must get pretty hot in the summer months without any shade. Wind may also be an issue at times.
Site length was a bit short for our 45′ rig plus tow, the van stuck out into the roadway a couple of feet. The roadways are wide so that probably wouldn’t be a problem if you did not want to unhitch. Site length varied somewhat so its possible we did not get the long site we asked for.
One other oddity was the placement of the sewer hookup. While the electric pedestal and water spigot were well placed towards the rear third of the site, the sewer hookup was well forward of center making access awkward and a bit of a stretch. This is OK for motorhomes that will tend to want to pull as far forward into the site as possible, but 5th wheel and trailer rigs are in most cases going to need to unhitch to reach the sewer pipe. All the sites seemed to be laid out the same way giving the impression that perhaps a mistake was made in the planning stages?
Using this resort as our home base, we visited Cadillac Ranch and Palo Duro Canyon during our stay.
Privacy – 3/5
No privacy between sites but they were adequately spaced.
Amenities – 4/5
Pleasantly designed and clean looking buildings housed a well equipped set of amenities, visit their website for a complete list.
Convenience – 4/5
Located just seconds from the interstate and a Love’s diesel truckstop. Close to Amarillo as well as the Westgate Mall, the resort is very convenient to the usual retail offerings (including a Walmart), grocery stores, restaurants, etc.
Physical Surroundings – 3/5
The resort is located in a suburban environment in the middle of the Texas panhandle on typical dry flat Texas prairie land.
Maneuverability and Roads – 4/5
Roads are paved and plenty wide enough for big rigs. Easy on/off the Interstate.
Peace & Quiet – 4/5
Some traffic noise from the highway, but did not bother us.
- Sewer – Oddly placed well into the forward half of the site. Some might need a sewer hose extension. Threaded cap and otherwise nicely done.
- Satellite – No issues pulling in all three DISH Western Arc satellites (110/119/129). Every site should have an unobstructed view of the sky.
- WiFi – Advertised free WiFi but we did not use it.
- Cellular signal – Adequate AT&T and Verizon LTE signal. A bit on the slow side relatively speaking (2 Mbps down/2Mbps up) but still quite usable.
- Over-the-Air (OTA) TV – Good, we locked onto 36 channels.
- Power – Very good, 124 volts both legs, no problems.
- Water Pressure/Quality – Good pressure, no off odors, color or turbidity, moderately hard.
What We Liked
– Clean, pleasant appearance and well maintained park
– Friendly staff
– Site spacing better than average for a commercial park.
– Very convenient to restaurants, attractions, etc.
– Easy access from the interstate.
What We Didn’t Like
– At least some sites a bit too short for a 45′ rig with tow. There may be a few longer sites available.
– Super annoying background “music” on their website.