Blog Site Update!
Finally! After many months of talking about it the updates to our blog site are complete and the new site is live!
Connecting to the updated My Quantum Discovery blog site will be the same as before, but with one very minor change. The correct site link is now http://myquantumdiscovery.com (for most browsers just typing myquantumdiscovery.com is fine).
The old blog site link was the same, but had /blog at the end (http://myquantumdiscovery.com/blog). The old link will still work but will add a slight delay to the connection. If you have any bookmarks to our site please update them with the correct link.
For those of you that are Subscribers to our site, we have changed the subscription service. This means you will need to re-subscribe to continue getting notifications of new blog posts. Unfortunately we are unable to do the re-subscribe for you because a verification email will need to be sent directly to you.
To Re-Subscribe click here to go to our blog site and find the Subscribe box in the right margin. Simply enter your email address and follow the directions – easy!
Improvements to the new Subscribe service include:
- Full post content sent in the notification email.
- Easy unsubscribe from any notification email (link at the bottom).
- More options for managing your subscription via wordpress.org.
- Ability to see all your wordpress.org subscriptions (not just ours) in one place.
Why did we update the blog site?
One major reason was an old outdated theme that is no longer supported. Likewise there were several behind the scenes software levels that were well behind the times. The new site is more up to date and more adaptable to changes. And of course it was just time for a fresh look! Some of the improvements include:
- Enhanced mobile device support
- Easier site navigation
- Re-organized categories
- Dedicated menu bar links such as for RV Park Reviews and Dash Cam Videos
- A more friendly photo viewer
- A header photo taken by us that changes randomly with every page refresh
- Buttons at the top of every post to send it to your Facebook, Twitter or Google account, to email it to a friend, or to print it.
- A cleaner look
We think everything is working OK but if you find a problem please let us know (you can use the Comments section below). We have tested with a few different browsers (current versions) but we have not tested on Apple devices so let us know too if there is something there that needs attention. And if you have any feature requests or improvement suggestions we’d love to hear them!
We LOVE it!
Thanks! Still needs some format work, but the foundation is now up to date.